Monday, September 10, 2018

Libreoffice crashes in Ubuntu

LibreOffice (Writer) was crashing on Ubuntu 16.04. At first I thought it was the writer2latex extension I recently enabled. Then I thought I had a buggy outdated version.

I removed the extension, and I updated to 6, following this lead.

Still it was crashing. It's a bug. This workaround seems the only way to fix it. In Libreoffice > Tools > Options > Libreoffice > Advanced, disable "Use a Java runtime environment".

However, the problem is that one cannot enable the extension writer2latex, and I suppose other extensions too, without a java runtime environment. For now, the only solution to get both Libreoffice and the extension working might be to downgrade to a previous version of Ubuntu.

Upgrading to 18.04 did not help, same problem on the Lenovo laptop. But it somehow works on the Dell XPS. SO THERE IS SOME HOPE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home